Requires knowledge of underground sprinkler systems. This position is expected to repair and install
irrigations systems on client properties. This job requires physical abilities such as trunk strength, manual
dexterity, and wrist-finger movement in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installs new drip and sprinkler systems
• Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment.
• Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks
• Troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all
• Maps systems for client plans; may review or make changes to contract specifications.
• May instruct others (groundskeepers) in minor irrigation repairs.
• Operates tractors and trenchers to install/repair lines.
• May assist in coordination with other departments or outside contractors.
• Performs other general groundskeeping and maintenance duties as needed and requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
This position requires two years of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities
have been achieved.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Working conditions include inadequate lighting, restricted movement, dirty environment, air contamination,
extreme temperatures, intense noise, hazardous materials, or lifting or carrying heavy objects. In addition, this
position may be required to come into work on weekends, holidays and in emergency situations (i.e., may be
subject to “on-call” responsibilities).
|Job Category||Irrigation / Sprinkler System|